Legrand is a $5.8 billion global company with 30,000 employees world-wide and products sold in 180 countries. As the leading provider of products and systems for electrical installations and information networks wherever people live and work, Legrand delivers an unequaled depth and breadth of innovative solutions for use in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
Employing more than 3,200 employees across the United States and Canada, Legrand in North America has a work environment that promotes personal advancement, pride and achievement. Our success is also based on our recognition that diversity – in people, products, innovation and technology – is an important strength. When you join our team, we provide you with the tools, knowledge and skills necessary to become the very best at your job, and to continue to advance your career.
Visit us at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Interpersonal Skills Required:
- Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues. Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
Collaboration & Teamwork:
- Anticipates and resolves conflicts, turns team diversity into an advantage, uses unique team talents, defines processes and goals, works for consensus. Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism. Listens well, diffuses conflict before it starts, and finds causes of and solutions to problems, handles difficult people.
- Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer loyalty, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Communications Intern to join the Electrical Wiring Systems team in West Hartford, CT. The purpose of this position is to support the marketing and sales team in the development, execution and tracking of all marketing initiatives. The marketing intern will also work with internal and external customers to provide marketing support
Major Duties and Responsibilities: