At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Powder Coat Painter to join the OCL Team in St. Louis, MO. The Powder Coat Painter is responsible for a full range of production powder coat duties on fabricated metal parts of different shapes and sizes and which require various colors.
What Will You Do?
• Prepare and monitor surface treatment and water titration
• Checks the quality of the paint job and that paint is adhering properly. Ensure mil spec is
• Assist with cleaning of spray booths after and prior to color changes and normal
• Perform preventive maintenance on sprayers and personal protective equipment.
• Drives best practices amongst other painters for proper techniques
• Conducts complete changeovers of the paint booths and guns and cleans the system.
• Conducts first piece inspections of the new parts prior to and after curing oven.
• Assist with material handling equipment.
• Receive material and prepare appropriate documentation for schedule.
• Must be able to perform at least 4-5 different tasks around the paint line.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area consistent with company’s
housekeeping and safety policies.
• Paint all materials according to schedule
• High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required
• Minimum of 6 months industrial manufacturing experience
• 1-3 year industrial powder coating preferred
• Knowledge of methods and techniques related to powder coat applications.
• Knowledge of methods and techniques related to safe use, storage and disposal of
powder coat and surface treatment chemicals.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand’s Lighting Sector
Through Pinnacle, Finelite, OCL, and Kenall Legrand designs and manufactures high performance, environmentally sustainable lighting solutions and products for commercial, educational and healthcare facilities. We work with leading architects and contractors to supply systems and products. We employ a talented group of lighting engineers and designers who work with the latest technologies, using cutting-edge tools to create fixtures which are unique and built to last. Our products offer the design professional a complete palette of integrated products that breathe life into architectural spaces for design that lasts. Legrand’s specification grade products are suited for a broad range of applications, and the integrated product line allows designers to create multi-level lighting scenarios using various luminaires from an extensive offering.
Equal Opportunity Employer