At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Coordinator to join the Audio Video Division in Ottawa, ON. Works with the Marketing Communications Team to drive promotion of products, programs, services and the specific brand through the most effective marketing communication vehicles and in a customer-oriented manner. The Marketing Coordinator works directly with MAPC’s sales and marketing staff to provide support with any general sales-related administrative tasks.
What Will You Do?
Sales and Marketing
• Implements strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
• Supports sales staff by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, new product information, relaying customer services requests.
• Provides post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing programs.
• Establishes and ensures consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, websites, and events.
Communication and Research
• Responsible for maintaining all Company social media forums including Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
• Researches competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases. Monitors market industry news and submit reports on emerging trends, competitive new products, new hires, etc. Updates the team on industry news during monthly calls.
• Prepares draft reports, background documentation, and research.
• Coordinates the design and production and/or reprinting of print collateral, such as product spec sheets, brochures and direct mail, interactive/electronic marketing media and related. Works closely with Digital Marketing team and actively supports digital and interactive marketing programs as required.
• Collects customer and channel feedback from a variety of sources in order to implement continuous improvements in all collateral/programs.
• Handles lead fulfillments and related fulfillment house activities, maintains inventory of premiums for special promotions.
• Organizes, coordinates and manages regional tradeshow activity. Monitors the effectiveness of trade shows and analyze opportunities for new tradeshows. Some travel required.
• Works closely with Marcom manager and team to ensure that all marcom programs are consistent with the brand message and communicate that message in the most optimal manner, including adherence to brand standards, customer focus, appropriate calls to action, benefits reinforced for features, appropriate grammar, within style guidelines, etc.
• Actively participates in the development and execution of an actionable marketing communications plan with quantifiable lead generation goals which cover all communication initiatives including PR, web, direct mail, advertising, and tradeshows.
• Assists with the development and preparation of presentations.
• Develops and maintains monthly sales reports and other reports as required.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
• Performs other similar and related duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or journalism or related discipline.
Experience: 2-3 years of marketing communications experience
Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
Able to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently.
Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish a diversified work load.
Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software.
Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
Must have a strong understanding of web and digital media applications.
Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment.
Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information.
Ability to create effective reports, presentations and business correspondence.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand’s Audio Video (AV) Division
The AV brands of Legrand are a leading global provider of innovative mounting and display solutions for various audio visual technologies. Our innovative products, sold principally under the Chief, Da-Lite, Middle Atlantic, Nuvo, On-Q, Projecta, Sanus and Vaddio brand names, are distributed through numerous channels. Our mission is to provide the foundation for amazing AV experiences through innovative solutions and exceptional service that solve our customers' AV integration and technology challenges. For more information, visit https://www.legrandav.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer