At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Accounts Receivable Associate I to join the Data, Power, and Control Team in Somerset, NJ or Reno, NV. Responsible for all phases of the accounts receivable process. This includes cash application, account reconciliation, some credit management, dispute resolution and customer communication/collections. Provide key direction for internal and external customers to ensure the timely processing of orders while providing prudent management of investment in accounts receivables.
What Will You Do?
· Organization: Individual Contributor competency model
· Main Interface: Internal – members of finance team and sales; External – customers
· Budget: No direct budgetary responsibility
Main Job Duties:
1. Cash application and reconciliation of customer accounts - Researches and resolves payment issues such as chargeback’s, unauthorized deductions, and policy compliance
2. Manage the efficient collections of assigned accounts within the terms and conditions of the company.
3. Assist with credit management.
4. Perform month end closing activities - ensuring all receipts are processed in a timely manner
5. Maintains constant communication and builds relationships via phone and email conversation with customer’s accounts payable departments
6. There will be regular interaction with many internal teams for dispute resolution and collection of accounts receivable items in a timely manner.
7. Recommend ways to improve processes to avoid future collection issues.
8. Performs other similar and related duties as required.
A.S. in accounting, finance or related, or equivalent experience.
1-2 years in accounts receivable or related
Good working knowledge of economics, finance, accounting and sales,
Must be able to work independently. Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment is a must.
Requires close attention to detail, ability to audit work to identify issues and implement processes to prevent errors.
Requires strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
Must have strong customer service orientation.
Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
Exceptional computer skills, extensive knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and data base software, proficiency with various e-mail, calendaring, meeting management and related communications software. SAP experience a plus.
Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment.
Representing more than 150 years of innovation, Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Our purpose is improving lives by transforming the spaces where people live, work and meet with electrical and digital infrastructures and connected solutions that are simple, innovative and sustainable. Every day, over 39,000 Legrand employees work hard to enhance the buildings of tomorrow. Legrand is a global, publicly traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with revenue of €7 billion, and products sold in 180 countries. For more information, visit www.legrandgroup.com/en
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 6,500 associates in 50 locations, working across six divisions/sector: Audio Visual, Building Controls Systems, Data Power and Controls, Electrical Wiring Systems, and Lighting. We hold a leading position in every North American market we serve and focus on exceeding our customers’ needs within the commercial, residential, and industrial industries. LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as distinctive benefits like a high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity and parental leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active/growing Employee Resource Group network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growing company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us
About Legrand’s Data Center Power and Control Division
The industry-leading brands of Approved Networks, Ortronics, Raritan, Server Technology, and Starline empower Legrand’s Data, Power & Control to produce innovative solutions for data centers, building networks, and facility infrastructures. Our division designs, manufactures, and markets world-class products for a more productive and sustainable future. The exceptional reliability of our technologies results from decades of proven performance and a dedication to research and development.
Equal Opportunity Employer